Re: [glob2-devel] Usability question

From: Emmanuel Eckard
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Usability question
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 07:48:03 +0200

On Sunday 17 October 2004 21:05, Stephane Magnenat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a question for users and campaign designers. In glob2, the campaign
> system works by setting in the map the name of the next map. So campaigns
> are not specials maps. But in a traditional campaign, one would like to
> prevent players to jump to any map. What I propose is to have a directory
> campaign, which holds the first maps. Then a subdirectory for each campaign
> for subsequent maps. There would be a campaign chooser screen, with
> recursion disabled so only first maps could be selected. Is it ok for you ?
> Do you have any suggestion ?

Just to remind a triviality, it'd still be important to save the map a which
the player has stoped playing lastly, so that he deosn't have to redo the
whole capagin if he quits. (trivial)

Then, you might wonder wether you want to allow the player to re-play the maps
he already won, or wether "past is past and already done". I'd encline to the
second solution by default -- but again, we're GPL, so if people want that
kind of settings different from what we havem they'll just change them.

Cheers !
  - Emmanuel