[glob2-devel] New tutorial so wonderfull!

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] New tutorial so wonderfull!
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:03:19 -0800

Hey haylo, I just made a new tutorial for Globulation 2. I was
inspired after acciddently clicking tutorial when I meant to click
custom game, and then played through the tutorial, only to find out,
it really does suck, its very short ended. So, I made a new tutorial,
which takes you through *everything*. Inns, hospitals, racetracks,
swimming pools, schools, barracks, towers and walls, upgrading,
defending and attacking. Its probably still missing several elements,
and will most likely have a bug here and there, but for the most part,
it does very well.

For the new tutorial, I had to add a new feature to SGSL. This feature
was, to some degree, hacked in. There is now a new tag, called
"space", which causes the story to wait for space to be clicked. The
other action of space, centering on the most recent event, is eaten
untill after the space is clicked. Yes yes, I know this is a somewhat
hackish way of doing things, but it worked fairly effectivly, and
should serve as a proof of concept untill further notice.

Without further ado, I present to you the map:
http://www.genixpro.com/New_Tutorial.map.tar.gz

When testing the map, use custom games, and set the only other ai on
the map to AINone. The script will do the rest.

Give me as much feedback as you can, and tell me of any potential
bugs, except ones having to do with the space bar, as I already know
about those ones. For nct/nuage, how I got the space bar thing is
fairly simple. There are two new flags that can be set/unset in
GameGUI, one of them denotes whether the space bar has been pressed
recently. This value is read in and cancelled out by the SGSL system.
The other flag denotes whether the space bar should not do its normal
function, and instead, be eaten. This flag is set when a "space" token
is encountered in SGSL, and undone when the space bar is clicked and
SGSL picks it up. There is a better solution, however, I couldn't find
anything in the way of callback overrides or what not, so this is what
I tried.