Re: [glob2-devel] Was wondering if......

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Was wondering if......
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:50:49 +1300

Obviously your a little hesitant about giving almost full access to someone you've just met, so here's a little about me. I'm Kieran, or k776. I used to code the forum system http://www.mybboard.com/ (user name k776 on the forums), but due to a difference of opinion with the lead developer, I am no longer associated with it. I have played globulation2 since about alpha11. Since the new wiki has opened up, I've been more involved with the project. For eg, thanks to the help of ion_bidon's brilliant compiling guide, I now develop both the glob2 runtime zip package (not uploaded yet) and the win32 installer executable (update needed). More recently, I went through the entire wiki and gave almost all pages categories and edited their styles so they are easier to read. I also converted an image into an icon so that the wiki can have a favicon (although using chami's brilliant converter, I'm sure anyone could have done it). I also download mediawiki and installed locally just to test a theme change I was working on for glob2 which will put "Globulation 2" and a short sentence at the top left, like the old wiki (this is one of the things in the to-do list for the wiki). Note, the style I've made is designed for Firefox since its my favourite. However, I have tested it on IE, with one slight problem, the logo is about 70px down too far. And I'm not sure how it looks in other browsers since I only have the above 2 installed. Moving on.... I don't know c or c++, so I am unable to contribute to glob2 cvs source code. I do however view it regularly and download cvs, compile and test it for any bugs. I am constantly active on both #glob2 and #glob2-dev IRC channels, however, even though I have an account of the forum because of the media wiki integration, I have not yet used the forum. Which brings me a completely different thread about choice of bulletin board, style, and inactivates which I wont go into here. Instead of c and c++, I work with html/css/php/and mysql. My homepage can be found at http://www.linuxbox.co.nz/~kieran/  however its not fully complete yet. Finally, if I got the extra permissions for the server, I would use them mainly to upload new versions of my installer and runtime packs for users to download, and a one of time to upload a favicon, and the new style to the wiki. If I got the extra permissions for the wiki, I would use them to keep the wiki clean from spam that may appear in the future, and having to ask sysops to delete no longer used pages (like install_glob2 and download for eg. Both have been merged into install_guide). If you have any other questions, please let me know.
--
Kieran