[glob2-devel] alpha 19 and network retwrite

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] alpha 19 and network retwrite
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:24:13 +0100

Hi everyone,

Nuage and me plan to partially rewrite the network layer of glob2 next week.
The idea is to have a cleaner, more documented, easier to use and
maintain network.

In the process we will also change the serialization from libgag so that
readType() and writeType() are more symetrical, i.e. :
        bool readType(Type *type, const char *name);
        bool writeType(Type type, const char *name);
We had a long discussion and we finally agreed on this choice.
The new network will thus use this serialization, which will lower the entry
curve for new developers as well as improve the dumpability of packets.

But, the CVS might be broken for a while. I suggest we release alpha19 before
beginning to make changes. As far as I've understood, the only problem right
now is the one about map creation and new script ? I'll have a look at this
when I've time. In the meantime, if you can test CVS and report bugs that
will be welcome.

Have a nice day,