Re: [glob2-devel] Full Nicowar behaviour assessment

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Full Nicowar behaviour assessment
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:55:48 -0800

I've just made some signifigant changes to Nicowar, solving a great
many number of bugs, almost everywhere. Speed is now an important
issue, however.

New things:
    A) Nicowar now puts explorers onto the three nearest fruit trees
    B) It no longer manually manages explorers, and instead uses the
new explorer behaviour
    C) I have finally fixed the bug that caused Nicowar to build
buildings in enemy territory, as complex as it was, it was a
combination of several bugs, having to do with the gradients and else.
    D) I have fixed several unit management related bugs
    E) I have fine tuned some global variables for more intelligence
    F) I have added a timeout to the building construction, so that
building "losses" don't build up over time and cause the ai not to
construct any further buildings (long lasting bug)
    G) I have (temporarily) caused the generation of random seeds on
matches including Nicowar. Of coarse this breaks net-net matches with
Nicowar, it has helped me break determinism and find many more bugs.

You can see many of these changes in the latest cvs, and sicne I have
been on an extreme bug hunt lately, Nicowar will continue to play
better. If it plays worse, just keep in mind that most of my settings
have been fine tuned for Nicowar *with* all these bugs, so now that it
is playing correctly, it will require more fine tuning.