Re: [glob2-devel] A note about assert(false) and abort

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] A note about assert(false) and abort
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:14:34 +0100

> better idea, throw up error messages inside of the game!
>
> if they don't have the file, throw up an error box at the beginning
> saying "sorry, but file blah.txt is missing, please correct and try
> again" with a quit button

Well, I talk here about errors that should not happen, never. They are bugs,
only bugs, and should never happen in released versions. I don't see the
interest of investing time in nicely showing that the program is broken.
Better is to invest time not to have broken program. The output to stderr is
just for developers.