Re: [glob2-devel] A note about assert(false) and abort

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] A note about assert(false) and abort
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:58:08 -0800

� wrote:
Hi,

In glob2, we've used a lot of assert, which is good. Asserts can be disabled by compiling with NDEBUG defined. But sometimes we want to abort, even in release, for instance when some critical file is missing. In this case, one should not use assert(false), but abort(), just after some error message. I will do this from now on critical situations in glob2.

Steph

better idea, throw up error messages inside of the game!

if they don't have the file, throw up an error box at the beginning saying "sorry, but file blah.txt is missing, please correct and try again" with a quit button

Kyle