Re: [glob2-devel] bug in alpha19

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] bug in alpha19
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:38:24 -0800

On 3/25/06, Vincent Deffontaines <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I think I have found a bug in alpha19. Sorry if it is already known.
> Here is how to reproduce it (I use debian packages, if that matters in any
> way).
> Start a game on map "playground".
> Do not build a swimming pool.
> Build a school.
> Wait for the school to be nearly finished (all wood in, no alga, since no
> worker can swim to go fetch some).
>
> At this point, *all* my workers become stupid and don't work on anything.
> Until I reduce the number of workers on the school to zero. If I do that,
> they go working normally back again.
>
> Of course, after I have built a swimmming pool, all goes fine.
>
> Just thought this "general stupid" behaviour could be considered as a bug.
> Not that it annoys me a lot.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vincent
>

> --
> On sait qu'une cité va devenir grande quand on y voit les anciens planter
> des arbres, alors qu'ils savent qu'ils ne profiteront jamais de leur
> ombre.
>
> Proverbe Grec

Thank you, I recently found the same bug and reported it, this
conformation is excellent! Although I don't know how to fix it (I
don't know the system well enough), I know whats causing the bug. It
seems to be because the units see that the school need ressources, so
they try to go to work on it, only to find out that they can't. So
they idle around for a short amount of time before trying to go to
work on it again.

But thankyou for providing a way to reproduce, I had almost forgotten
about the bug.