Re: [glob2-devel] Refactoring

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Refactoring
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:28:09 +0200

I prefer Sebastian's version, as it is very easy to understand and thus will
help people enter into it. Not everyone is STL übergeek and, honestly, STL is
very powerfull but not very userfriendly at first sight.

As this printf thing will be used everywhere, having a simple object with this
feature will surely compile faster than boost::format, which is a bonus.

Do not understand me wrong, as I've written on the other thread, I'm not
against boost. I just think this dependency problem should be addressed on a
pragmatic basis and not on a religious one.