[glob2-devel] libgag/src/SDL_ttf.[ch]

From: David Schmitt
Subject: [glob2-devel] libgag/src/SDL_ttf.[ch]
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:01:45 +0200

Hi *!

While looking through the sourcecode of alpha19, I found verbatim copies of
SDL_tff.c and SDL_ttf.h from SDL's upstream which are compiled and linked
statically into the glob2 binary via libgag.

Since the Wiki at [1] lists SDL_ttf as a requirement - and I am in favor of
using external libs instead of local copies, I tried to remove the two and
replace them with a link against libsdl_ttf and it worked without problems.
The patch is attached. Someone with more auto* foo than me should probably
improve on the -lSDL_ttf in src/Makefile.am

This also trades a (packaging) dependency on libfreetype's ABI against one on
libsdl_ttf's.

Alternatively I could change the wiki to refer to freetype instead of SDL_ttf.

Regards, David

[1] http://globulation2.org/wiki/Download_and_Install#Compile_from_Sources
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?