[glob2-devel] Some news / info / questions

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Some news / info / questions
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 18:48:19 +0200

Hello,

Some news,
* Nuage and I are still working on refactoring the core engine. We have
rewritten the unit allocation code and are now recreating the unit state
machine. The result will be smaller, easier to understand and much better
documented.
* dox.globulation2.org should be online soon featuring doxygened source code
of recent CVS checkout (thanks Kyle)
* the unit upgrading twice bug is fixed (my mistake sorry)
* I've updated the roadmap with potential JuniorJob.
* There is now statistics on traffic on http://globulation2.org/awstats
(thanks Kyle)

Now some info/questions,
* If you have substantially contributed to glob2 in a community related area
(web site, forum, ...) and your name is not in AUTHORS, please drop me a mail
with a few words explaining your contribution and I'll add you.
* Feel free to surf the bug tracker and help on the roadmap.
* Today I've received my orange project DVD (http://orange.blender.org). It
would be nice to have a Orange theme for glob2. At that occasion, I thought
of a very simple mod system : each mod is a directory in GLOB2_DIR/mods/
(where GLOB2_DIR may be ~/.glob2, /usr/share/glob2, ...) and each map can
have an optional list of mods it depends on. For now, mod can only consist in
alternative unit skins as this is the only tunable element but more will come
later.
* At, to finish, an open question: Perhaps we should drop the alpha/beta/final
release model to a release anytime model with simple increasing numbers. What
do you think ?

Enjoy glob2 and have fun,

http://nct.ysagoon.com