Re: [glob2-devel] new video

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] new video
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:25:37 +0100

Kai Antweiler wrote:
It is good.

:)

I have seen some ugly white shades.  Is that how your clouds look on video?

that is how clouds look with openGL off. videocapture doesn't work with it on.

But this seems to be an old game!?!  You're making a comment about nicowar.

actually i didn't plan on these chat texts and talked what came to my mind.
nicowar will be strong soon ;)

Is it true the new nicowar already is strong enough that 2 of them can put up
a fight?

guess not. but i want them to come to yog as soon as possible anyways.

Have you tried to play with the videocreationtool options to get better
quality and or a smaller videos?  They can work wonders.

i did but didn't check the result yet ;)

Does vorbis work in Microsoft and Apple world out of the box?

guess not on windows.

If not, we should put links to necessary software.

i will put online a smaller version, same quality mpg.

here are the links:

Why didn't you link them here:
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Videos

will do.

Did you forget?  or do you worry about traffic limits on your server?

i have volume limits on my server. lets see when we hit it.

p.s.: i guess the reason it didn't work last time was the file or image size.
it was 1024x768.png. now i used 640x480.jpg

No.  1024x768 png work well.
I have just tested it.
Try again on a smaller video.  Maybe something needed to be rebuild
/relinked on your system, an now has been.

i tested with the old files and it didn't work. no idea. if i do a new video
(likely) i will try to get higher res.

greetings, leo wandersleb