[glob2-devel] opengl, configure

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: [glob2-devel] opengl, configure
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:35:24 +0100

Hi,

The way we treat preprocessor constants like HAVE_OPENGL
doesn't make sense.  Glob2 does not compile without HAVE_OPENGL
defined:
  # ./configure CXXFLAGS="-g -march=athlon64" --disable-opengl
  # make
    GraphicContext.cpp:1367: error: 'glFlush' was not declared in this scope

No developer would usually recognise that, because virtually everyone has
the HAVE_OPENGL set by default.

Untested code is no feature!
It's a menace.
So we should make glob2 officially depend on it.
I don't know the autotools, but on c-level we could use something like
  #ifndef HAVE_OPENGL
  #error opengl is required!
  #endif

(But if possible, autotools should care about this - not gcc)

And clean all the HAVE_OPENGL from our code.

I haven't looked at the other constants, but I'd guess there are
more of those that break complilation because no one looks after them.

--
Kai Antweiler