Re: [glob2-devel] to-do before 1.0

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] to-do before 1.0
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:22:22 +1200

Stephs gui beautification is not in a23.
I'm not sure whether the (forbidden/clearing-)area animation is in a23.
The fertility overlay is not in a23.

the first two are graphical changes, not new features. which only leaves the overlay, which is slightly buggy and too hidden :P

there really is no new feature that pops out at you!

But with your reasoning it would be better to cut those features out again

Not at all! we keep them, but I'm saying we add more.

Take a look at these pages. With any luck, the release log for Beta 2 (beta 1 in is rc, so only bug fixes, and 1.0.0 needs to be stable so it cant have new features then, beta 2 is more logical) will look something like these (heaps of changes).

http://globulation2.org/wiki/Older_Changes#0.8.18_.28released_20060129.29
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Older_Changes#0.8.20_.28released_20060804.29
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Older_Changes#0.8.22_.28released_20070404.29

That way, when we release 1.0.0, these new features will be in the game, making 1.0.0 as good as it can be, time permitting !

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/