Re: [glob2-devel] drawing the fog of war (was: more bugs on new glob2 ve

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] drawing the fog of war (was: more bugs on new glob2 version)
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:27:06 +0200

Hi Joe!

In Game.cpp we have
2426 drawMapWater;
2427 drawMapTerrain;          //(3)
2428 drawMapRessources;
2429 drawMapGroundUnits;
2430 drawMapDebugAreas;
2431 drawMapGroundBuildings;
2432 drawMapAirUnits;
2433 drawMapAreas;            //(1)
2445 drawMapFogOfWar;         //(2)
2446 drawMapOverlayMaps;
2448 // draw cloud overlay if we are in high quality
2450 ds.renderOverlay; // I should fix that and put it in a separate routine
drawMapClouds;

in this order. So actually we can change the order (1) and (2) without hazard.
Nevertheless i would want Areas to display after (3) so it gets painted on the
ground. We only would have to care and not design objects (buildings, res) that
too much cover those area marks.