Re: [glob2-devel] master freeze/normal

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] master freeze/normal
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:03:24 +1200

The branch Beta1-rc is feature frozen. Only bugs are getting fixed now, which are almost done. The release should be doable within a day or two.

Master is not feature frozen, but appears that way because most effort is going into beta1-rc. So commited to it should be fine. Incase you still are not familiar with mercurial, to commit you:

cd ~
hg clone http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/       (https not needed here)
hg clone -r master glob2 glob2-master
cd glob2-master
hg update -C tip

[copy files from you particle work to glob2-master folder, making sure only files are moved (are you using the latest code when you made the particle stuff? If not, you'll have to merge them, thats up to you (I use kdiff3 personally), then when brad work and your work are combined, put them in the folder.]

[if there are any new files whatsoever, run "hg add path/to/file.cpp" for each one, and if you removed any files, run "hg remove path/to/file.cpp" for each one]

hg diff   (if its worked so far, you'll get a nice list of + and - changes)
hg commit --message="new particle engine"
hg push -r master https://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/
./mkdata
./mkmap

Regards