[glob2-devel] RE: glob2-devel Digest, Vol 64, Issue 13

From: Alex Illingworth
Subject: [glob2-devel] RE: glob2-devel Digest, Vol 64, Issue 13
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:22:25 +0000

Hiya guys, I know I've never had much input, but I really like this idea.
The loyalty level could also be affected by how hungry they are (As they get hungrier, they get more and more desperate and more willing to convert).
And as they get hungrier and more willing to convert, they could turn more and more grey. Essentially, being less and less on your team.
Obviously you would get the situation that a really hungry unit would convert to anybody at the last minute and then just die because they could never make it in time, but i still think it's still a cool idea.

Alex

> I generally regard starving units as a bug.
> They are the living dead of globulation 2!
> Maybe I would feel better, if they would actually look like the zombies that
> they are. At least they could turn gray.

> All we have to do to modify the level of conversion is to give units a
> "loyalty" factor, rather than make them entirely hedonistic and always
> willing to convert to get more happiness. Basically, the local team's
> happiness level is multiplied by this 'loyalty' factor, which we'd have to
> determine through experimentation. This gives units a bias to stay on the
> current team, and we can easily control the amount of bias until we get the
> right level of conversion.

> Add to that that distance could also be considered a factor in 'potential
> happiness', and the level of the inn.

> And the training. Units that have higher levels could be harder to
> convert then rookies.

> Loyalty could be affected by prestige buildings, which would be expensive
> buildings.

Everything in one place. All new Windows Live!