[glob2-devel] streamlining binary creation

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: [glob2-devel] streamlining binary creation
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 03:54:14 +0100

hi list,

just uploaded my first i386 binary to download.savannah.nongnu.org/srv/download/glob2/development_snapshot
it's called
glob2_3c95ad1187d9-1_i386.deb

In order to provide development snapshots of each revision and compiler error reports if compilation fails i started with this:

cd /home/leo/projects/glob2/
hg pull http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2
hg update -C -r beta3-rc
scons
vers=$(hg identify);vers=${vers:0:12};checkinstall --nodoc --fstrans -y
--pkgname glob2 --pkgversion $vers --type debian scons install
scp ./*.deb address@hidden:/srv/download/glob2/development_snapshot
del *.deb

next would be to
* verify this actually works as i got error messages,
* cover more plattforms,
* trigger this by a hg hook,
* deal with failures (mail to the committer),
* implant links in the wiki and
* notify on #glob2.

I guess for testing it is very important to enable more testers!

Anyone willing to provide snapshots.exe?

Greetings, Leo