[glob2-devel] globulation2.org is down again

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: [glob2-devel] globulation2.org is down again
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:52:48 +0100

hi list,

now as our server is down once again, the old issue of stability comes back
again.

status of leowandersleb.de as a backup server:

* apache2 has a virtual host glob2.leowandersleb.de with aliases like on drazak's server.

* there is a glob2-account with the same public keys like on drazaks server: #appleboy, #nct, #genixpro, #andrew, #ion_biddon, #giszmo, #k776

* there is a mySQL-db for glob2 and a phpmyadmin set up

ToDo:
* set up a backup cron job at drazak's server
* either store the backup in a public place (http or ftp) or use an ssh-key to access the one server via the other (a bit insecure. access to one server would mean access to both.)
* set up a restore on my server for both the files and the db
* make sure it is read only
* manage the switch in dns if #1 is down.