[glob2-devel] Attack Power Of Explorers against ground reduced

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Attack Power Of Explorers against ground reduced
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:40:24 -0400

I firmly believe, and most people will agree with me, that the ground attack power of explorers needs to be reduced to balance the gameplay.

High attack power/health ratio encourages a Red Alert style of gameplay, build up a huge army and throw it at your enemy.

Low attack power/health ratio encourages a more tactical style of gameplay, like covering your warrior attacks with explorers, or taking out lone enemy inn bases.

Also, we should decide whether turrets are overpowered compared to explorers. On one hand Globulation 2 makes it really easy to porce, meaning making an impenetrable base, because there are no mobile ranged units. And we also make a way to win via porcing to, prestige. Once a base is impenetrable, the game is pretty much lost.

On the other hand, explorer attacks are deadly, and the only way to counter one is to fight with an equal number of explorers, there is no defense bonus. Turrets are the defense bonus, and they are quite a good one.

As of now, I have reduced the ground attack power of explorers to 2/5 of its original value. If you want to test, make a version of FourSquares where all four bases have a decent starting base, so that they would be very close to getting level 3 buildings, like level 3 schools. Play nicowar vs reach to infinity, and watch carefully how long it takes for its explorer attacks to do real damage,

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.