Re: [glob2-devel] USL status update

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] USL status update
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:40:00 +0200

Hi,

> True, but going from the API, there is a lot more than that missing.
> Integration with the games gui for example to hide all elements as the game
> maker sees fit (menu buttons, buildings, flags, tabs etc). I noticed Nct's
> ML post about 'space'. It plays a vital part in the Tutorial, and needs! to
> be there (if its that bad, have it work out if we're in a net game, and if
> so, turn space into wait(10), else wait for the space as normal.

I would prefer it correctly done as I suggested in the previous post : that
is, with a clean network-safe event subsystem, that would work for the
tutorial as well as for the network games.

> Moving
> over the commands of the new features Bradley added is a must as well.
> These include but arn't limited to showing/hiding/completing/failing
> objectives, showing/hiding hints, and the new unit/building/panel
> highlighting system (highlighting elements with a big blue arrow). Not to
> mention area controls, chaning ai types on the fly when playing, changing
> alliances ingame via the script, and timers.

Yes. However, most of them is just a matter of setting the right accessors in
Game or GameGUI, the USL part being trivial. So Bradley should add support
for the function he added in the game gui as he is the best placed to do so.

Have a nice day,

http://stephane.magnenat.net