[glob2-devel] So what are the globules?

From: Tapani Honkanen
Subject: [glob2-devel] So what are the globules?
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:37:15 +0200

I have been making a campaign for Globulation (10 scenarios) and the project is almost finished. Basically I have to balance few scenarios and give some finishing touches to the last three scenarios. I really haven't thought about the story line when creating the scenarios so the text is mostly cheesy mission briefings ("there is a enemy castle here and it has the destroyed at all costs, because... it has a large supply of fruits...")... The main reason for this is the fact that I have no idea what the globules are. It is hard to start working on the story when you don't know if the globs are hiveminds, intelligent alien creatures or mindless battle robots made by humans.

I found some possible descriptions from http://globulation2.org/wiki/Universe_Background but I want to hear your opinion about what should the globules be and what's their history and why are they so war-like. I also heard that dryad worked with 'globulore' but I don't seem to find it anywhere. And is there any 'official' universe background yet? Or have there been any discussions about it which might prove inspiring? Maybe it is time to come up with something original :)

I personally like the DDR's version because it would be easy to work on the story line with it. The reason for fighting is right there, for example. And the text has been written in a way that it is easy to copy pasta it to the campaign description. Okay, that's just lazy. :)

By the way, is there any other campaigns at works, other than the ones which have topics on the players' forums?

Sorry if the post is hard to understand/read.

Regards

Windows puhelimella saat enemmän vastinetta rahoillesi. Vertaile tästä.