Re: [glob2-devel] Migration status

From: Baptiste
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Migration status
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 23:19:39 +0200

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 10:35:49PM +0200, Valentin Lorentz wrote:
> Fixed (again, it may take time to apply).
>
> I did not have the previous DNS config, so I had to write it from
> scratch. I was not aware there was such domains. Is there any other
> subdomain?
>
> > On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:49:54 -0400,
> > Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
> > oh, one thing I have no idea how it should work or what broke it:
> > I used to chat using irc.globulation2.org. I'm pretty sure I had no
> > IRC something on my server but this is broke now. IRC is pretty vital
> > for glob2.

Iirc, the IRC channel was hosted at OFTC (irc.oftc.net). The
irc.globulation2.org domain was apparently only redirecting to OFTC,
though I don't really know at which level.

The simplest would be a CNAME record, though it might possibly break
SSL certificates (wrong host name).

Having access to the previous DNS server config would probably be
helpful.