glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Why are you on this list?

From: divya sharma
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Why are you on this list?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:59:58 +0530

hi
i am a regular reader of the posts on this list...but personally speaking its a bit tough for ppl who are still a bit jittery using GNU/linux, to reply to any of the topics discussed or post their problems...i agree with sagar that when it comes to posting a problem i feel its too stupid to be here...i too am guilty of a posting a problem of mine on another mailing list and not on this one....but i've never seen any1 posting a problem here abt some tiny glitches with their updates or any such small inconvenience that might hardly need any consideration...thanx arjun and vivek for the eye-opener(if i may say so)...i'll make proper use of the mailing list from now on and post, no matter how stupid i might find the problem to be.

divya

On 3/14/07, Vivek Shah <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 12:31:37AM +0530, Arjun Shankar wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 10:20:06AM -0800, sagar sk wrote:
> > sorry for not being active... but sometimes i feel.. my question are
> > too stupid of my suggestion.
> > So from next time i know it or not will reply it.
>
> :) Great! It's not necessary to reply every time, but participation will help
> everyone grow. So whenever something interests you, post. Whenever you read
> something that you don't understand, post. Whenever you aren't able to get
> something to work on your PC, post. And ofcourse! Whenever you have the
> answer to someone's question, post.
>
> You can also post cool things that you've read about, or seen. :D

Sagar, how can you pre-assume that you are stupid. If it had worked out that
way nobody would have mailed. Since the mailing list was formed with the idea
that people who are using GNU/Linux or want to would share their experiences
which might help each other which is all about the GLUG-NITH community.
You can post in anything you like ans say whatever you want and that will not
make you stupid or anything. Its not that this is a devel list as Arjun pointed
out. Please lets not make it a list where people just remain silent observers
and just join just for the sake of joining it. Do post in....

Regards,
Vivek
--
Be nice to people on the way up, because you'll meet them on your way down.
                -- Wilson Mizner