gm-devel

Re: [Gm-devel] XML parsing

From: Henrik Abelsson
Subject: Re: [Gm-devel] XML parsing
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 17:58:09 +0200

Jesse Lovelace wrote:

You're probably right that we should wait a bit.  I'm stitt having trouble
with our parser outputing increasingly more newlines within the outputed
string.  Any idea how this could happen?  I reverted to your old string
output code and it still does it.

Hmm.. ok, this was trickier than i thought. :)

The reason why this happens is that expat conserves '\n':s and other whitespace at the beginning and end of data. Whitespace just after a opening tag and just before a closing tag should be ignored for the benefit of human editing according to http://www.w3.org/XML/Datamodel.html

I've changed it to behave that way now. Really. Honest. :)

-henrik