gm-devel

Re: [Gm-devel] Xerces

From: Henrik Abelsson
Subject: Re: [Gm-devel] Xerces
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:11:41 +0100

The code i'm writing is going to be "open sourced", but i have no idea under what license exactly. I'm going to lobby for the (L)GPL, BSD or something like that, but who knows? It won't be up to me, I'm just a code slave :)

In any case, the jabber code is getting better, I'm going to commit it to the GM tree as soon as i can work out the licence. Writing a GM protocol wrapper should be trivial, and it'll be really exciting to support jabber. I don't think we should drop the other protocols though, as nice as jabber is, i think it's a fundamentally bad idea to implement protocols on the server side. (Look at all the problems they've had with AOL blocking jabber servers)

We should get working on the encryption code any year now too :)

-henrik

Jesse Lovelace wrote:

Hi Henrik, I've updated the expat code in GM to the latest expat, so we now have two options for XML parsing. I turned the default back to expat due to Xerces' incompatible license. Also, how is the work with getting your Jabber code released for the project? I'm excited about this if you can do it. Hope all is well, jll