Re: [Gm2] gm2 and gdb

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] gm2 and gdb
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 16:38:36 -0400

I forgot to copy the group on the following.

Begin forwarded message:
From: john o goyo <address@hidden>
Date: April 6, 2013 4:18:30 PM GMT-04:00
To: Christoph Schlegel <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: gm2 and gdb

On 6-Apr-13, at 9:31 AM, Christoph Schlegel wrote:
Hi Gaius,

I have another question. I need to step through some Modula-2 code with gdb but end up with C/C++ code produced by gm2. Is there a way to have gdb rely to the original code from my sourcefiles?

If your main PROGRAM file is called prog.mod -- for example -- then gm2 -g produces a file prog_m2.cpp. Inside, the function call _M2_prog_init(argc, argv) is the call to the initialisation part of prog.mod. Typically, I set a breakpoint on this function and
then step into it.

john