Re: [Gm2] code compiled by GM2

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Gm2] code compiled by GM2
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 09:11:25 +0200

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 16:56:58 +0100
Gaius Mulley <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am using gm2 to build a physics game engine which is in the
> gm2/examples/pge directory.  It builds as an a.out or as a shared
> library which becomes a Python module - so the 'main' program is
> Python which calls upon the Modula-2 to do the heavy work.

I'll definetely explore it. Btw, do you use some Python GUI, which one?

> It uses MemStream and swig to communicate with Python.  gm2 works well
> here as it implements runtime checking - exceptions and Python can
> catch these etc.

Do you find that Modula-2+Python combo works better interms of
type-safety etc. (which are Modula-2's virtues) than e.g. using
Object Pascal (FPC)?

> I also use gm2 for embedded work with the Atmega 328p, very small
> embedded projects.  Also I have a microkernel written in Modula-2.

Thanks, although I'm not interested for that field.

> Lastly I like writing simple games in Modula-2, such as chess, halma,
> pegfive and penguin tower.

Those games are, I assume, text-only?

> Of course much of the front end of gm2 is also written in Modula-2.

I'm curios to know what is the percentage of Modula-2 code in the gm2's
front-end?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One is understood to be in full knowledge whose every endeavor
is devoid of desire for sense gratification. He is said by sages