gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Ugly (but working) single day coding TagLib hac

From: Jiri Wichern
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Ugly (but working) single day coding TagLib hack
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:58:59 +0100

Eek I hate gmail putting a message in a 'quoted text' block .... now both messages got scrubbed completely.
For what I wanted to say:

Hi Oskar,

I've made the diff. You have to install taglib first. (I used version 1.4)
Then ./configure with favorite options and make.
When the compiler exits at no rule to make taglib_wrapper.o, you can gcc it by hand in the src directory with: gcc -Wall -g -c -O2 -o taglib_wrapper.o taglib_wrapper.cpp -I.. -I/usr/??/include/taglib
After that another make will 'make' everything withouth any linking errors.
I've removed a lot of excess code in comparison with the version in the maillist. That code was made before I discovered only one instance of an ID3 struct is used in the program at any one time. I thought I had to expect multiple ID3 structs - and so, using taglib, multiple instances of the taglib classes. This code is much simpler and it does the same job faster/leaner/etc.
Things still to do: -'integrate' compiling taglib_wrapper.o in the makefile -Writing better configure scripts(?)

Regards, Jiri.

Hi Harry,

Thanx for all the enthousiasm. As mentioned in my previous mail on the newsgroup I've cleaned the code a bit. To be more precisely: If there are more than three dozen lines of code left it's a lot.
Because only one id3 tag is read at any particular time in the program, all the code I made to support multiple taglib class instances was unnecessary.
I don't know if the diff I sent with the previous mail on the newsgroup will stick, else I'll send it with a seperate mail to you tomorrow.

Regards, Jiri.