gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Support of ACER AT3705-MGW

From: linux01
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Support of ACER AT3705-MGW
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:06:33 +0200

        Hi,

        I'm quite new with media server and UPNP stuff and I'm trying to make
gmediaserver to work with a ACER
AT3705-MGW "Media
        Center".

        I have "seen" two major points :
        ** When gmediaserver is initialized, all the files I have set to be
shared, are marked as "skipped". For example
:

        Found regular file `dsc_3901.jpg'
              Matched no type
              Skipping (file type excluded)

        or

        Found regular file `Gorillaz(02)5-4 Five Four - Gorillaz.ogg'
                Matched type Ogg Vorbis audio - audio/vorbis
                Skipping (file type excluded)

        or

        Found regular file `Mais Qui A Tue Pamela Rose.avi'
            Matched no type
            Skipping (file type excluded)

        The only files that pass through are mp3. Is that "normal" ?

        ** Browsing from the Media Center in the directories doesn't work with
a "time out error message", most of the
time.
        Sometimes, it just works but I can't figure out why.

        I have tried using the windows software and it seems to just work.

        I can grab network captures or more debugging information if you need.

        I also have a question, how does this upnp media thing work ? I mean,
is it the media server that streams the
content to
        the media center or is it the media gateway that grab the content from
the media server much like a NFS or CIFS
files
        share ?

        Let me know if you need more information/details (I'm not a C developer
but I'm
        really good to network, network protocol and system).

        Thanks in advance for any help,
        Sincerely yours, Mathieu MILLET.