gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] [Patch] Add support for MPG files; speed up ini

From: Jan Ceuleers
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] [Patch] Add support for MPG files; speed up initial start-up
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:58:51 +0100

Oskar,

Oskar Liljeblad wrote:
* Why wasn't the video patch taken by Oskar (unless that is opening a
can of worms that is best left unanswered :-) ? It seems like obviously
useful functionality if stable etc.

The reason is that I no longer have time to review, apply and test patches.
If you're interested in taking over the maintenance of GMediaServer,
please let me know!

I'm hoping that someone else will come forward. My reasons for not already having volunteered are:

- I'm about to start a new job and will need to invest time in that;

- I don't have the requisite knowledge of things such as autoconf, XML, CVS, and other things that seem fairly essential to the project; learning about these things is interesting but only feasible given enough time (see above);

- I don't have a lot of different UPnP-AV devices with which to test interoperability;

- Although a number of features could usefully be added (e.g. incremental rescan of the library upon SIGHUP), gmediaserver now does everything I need it to do.

Cheers, Jan