gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Problem building 0.13 for ubuntu

From: andreas.oh
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Problem building 0.13 for ubuntu
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:47:00 +0100

Hi.
I've problem building (or configuring, actually) gmediaserver-0.13. When
running configure I get a message that it can't find magic.h, though I'm
quite sure I have the library and its headers installed
(/usr/include/magic.h).

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([magic.h], [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([libmagic magic.h header file
not found])]) generates the error, while:
AC_CHECK_LIB([magic], [magic_open], [AC_SUBST([LIBMAGIC], [-lmagic])],
[AC_MSG_ERROR([libmagic library or magic_open function not found])], [-lz])
runs fine.

if I comment out the check for magic.h and issues a autoreconf, it will run
through configure fine, but generate a build error:
gcc -Wall  -pthread -I/usr/local/include/upnp   -I/usr/include/taglib   -g
-O2 -L/usr/lib  -o gmediaserver  connectmgr.o contentdir.o interface.o
logging.o upnp.o webserver.o webclient.o main.o metadata.o url.o
search-lexer.o search-parser.o intutil.o hmap.o tmap.o strutil.o strbuf.o
../lib/libgnu.a -luuid   -L/usr/local/lib -lupnp -lthreadutil -lixml
-lid3 -ltag   -ltag_c -lmagic
upnp.o: In function `say_document':
/home/andy/projects/gmediaserver-0.13.0/src/upnp.c:150: undefined reference
to `ixmlPrintDocument'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Which I suspect is an error depending on me commenting out the magic.h
check, right? I'm building on an Ubuntu 7.04 desktop (I know there's a
gmediaserver package for the dist. (which works fine)). Anyone have any
ideas about this I'd appreciate it.

Another question, I'm setting this piece up for delivering media for my ps3
and I'm interessted in music, movies and photos (for now), though I'd like
to do transcoding of the movies on the serverside before sending the media
to the ps3. Any hints of how to accomplish the movie/transcoding thing? I
found a package called gmediarenderer, is that something I would be able to
set up with gmediaserver? Anyone have a similar setup and requirements as I
have?

Thanks.
Andreas