gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] gmediaserver takes much cpu

From: Guenther Sohler
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] gmediaserver takes much cpu
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:54:47 +0100

Hallo Oskar,

nice to get the authors reply :)

Its interesting to see this behavior even without any device contacting
gmediaserver instantly. First of all, my internet radio(which could use upnp)
is switched off, my wlan network is limited to certain set devices, and no
other could speak upnp, no windows is running. and
this upnp service in my server is really new, so nobody could know about it.

> libupnp.) There may be some upnp discovery going on in another Windows
> machine on the network. GMediaServer it designed to act on requests and
> is single threaded in this sense.

Its strange to heat that gmedia server is single threaded, because i have seen
about 5 instances of it in top.