gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] mp3 and m4a does not work

From: Dmitry Samersoff
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] mp3 and m4a does not work
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:09:31 +0400

Andrej,

Do you have libmagic installed?

if you have magic.h in directory other than /usr/include
please change Makefile:

e.g.

gcc -I/usr/local/include -o $@ $< -lmagic

gcc

On 2010-05-12 15:57, Andrej Repiský wrote:

I tried to make the program, but I get compilation error:
address@hidden:~/gms_sandbox$ make
gcc -o checkmagic checkmagic.c -lmagic
checkmagic.c:8:19: error: magic.h: No such file or directory
checkmagic.c: In function ‘main’:
checkmagic.c:13: error: ‘magic_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)
checkmagic.c:13: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
checkmagic.c:13: error: for each function it appears in.)
checkmagic.c:13: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘magic_cookie’
checkmagic.c:20: error: ‘magic_cookie’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
checkmagic.c:20: error: ‘MAGIC_SYMLINK’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
checkmagic.c:20: error: ‘MAGIC_MIME’ undeclared (first use in this function)
checkmagic.c:20: error: ‘MAGIC_ERROR’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
checkmagic.c:33: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
make: *** [checkmagic] Chyba 1

The compiler cannot find magic.h, thus type magic_t is uknown.

Andrej