[Gnash-dev] Re: shared pointers

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: shared pointers
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 05:58:35 -0600

Markus Gothe wrote:
Exactly my thoughts! I think configure should #define HAVE_BOOST_LIB or
something like that... I'll see if there is m4-macros for this already
or write some kind of routine.

I just wrote a configure macro for boost. My simple question is do you prefer BOOST_CFLAGS value to match. Since I gather Boost is a collection of related headers, I can keep adding code to look for the modules we need. My current test just find the right directory to set the include path.

For the boost part I discovered that the needed functions in boost can
easily be extracted by using CC -E. The whole smart prt code (including
shared pointers) is only ~26kb totally, so I don't see a reason not to

Since Boost is just header files, why would we even need to extract anything ? I'll admit I know little about Boost other than it's highly recommended.