[Gnash-dev] Re: shared pointers

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: shared pointers
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 06:04:03 -0600

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
Rob Savoye wrote:
Markus Gothe wrote:
GCC is a gnuism with it's own non-iso extensions, not a real compiler
for except x86-based systems imo. ;)

Honestly, I was hoping Rob will tell us the truth about it :-)

Actually, since I avoid using the extensions, what's left is a nicely ANSI conforming C++ compiler, especially if you use the newer 4.x version. I find this statement amusing, as for many years most people thought it worked better on all the non x86 architectures. :-) The x86 really only started to catch up with GCC 3.x.

Personally, it's VC++ that I find obnoxious, as it doesn't even really support the ANSI C++ spec.