Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash-commit] gnash/doc/C internals.xml

From: ann
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash-commit] gnash/doc/C internals.xml
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:52:22 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, dolphinling wrote:

>Oh, not the new <canvas> element? *sigh*, naming conflicts confuse everything
>:(.
>
>I see the number has been fixed to 1.0.5... but are you sure that's right?
>1.0.5
>was a security/stability fix, that I seriously doubt would have had such a
>thing
>be new, and I'm not seeing anything in the release notes or searching bugzilla
>that looks like it. I *would* expect it to be new in 1.5, since 1.5 had a lot
>of
>back end changes.

The historical rationale behind the number seems to be that it was the
Debian stable version.  In theory, it should work with 1.0.*, but nobody
has tested it against versions older than 1.0.5.

If you'd like to push back that release number by confirming that it works,
I'd be happy to change the version to something which makes more sense...

- Ann