[Gnash-dev] SIZET_FMT and runtime behaviour checking (was: Appeal for he

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] SIZET_FMT and runtime behaviour checking (was: Appeal for help - please do a quick test)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:39:39 +0200

(sorry for flooding)

>From autoconf.info:

  << Avoid running test programs if possible, because this prevents people from
   configuring your package for cross-compiling. >>

This means dropping the AC_TRY_RUN as a whole is a good idea after all...

What we want to know is just the printf format string to use for size_t
variables. IIRC, the gnu libc provides a %z modifier for exactly this, for
any other libc implementation we need to know both size and signedness
of it. Also, we want to know this for the *target* host, not for the build
host.

All in all, the simpler solution seems to be always casting the size_t variable
into a known type and forget about SIZET_FMT as a whole.

Comments ?

--strk;