Re: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Appeal for help - please do a quick test

From: strk
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Appeal for help - please do a quick test
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:53:49 +0200

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 09:22:34AM +0200, strk wrote:

> Now, I have a patch, that checks for "original" CXXFLAGS being empty or not.
> If empty, it will be unset after the tests.
>
> This works fine, but prevents the user from setting CXXFLAGS to the empty
> string
> in his own WILL.

Found a fix for this problem, and committed to the HEAD branch.
Of course autoconf was already keeping such info ...
It's in $ac_env_CXXFLAGS_set.

We still want to avoid AC_TRY_RUN as a whole, but the patch in head at least
prevents that unwanted behaviour, and keeps respecting user will.

Note that the 0.8.0 branch is still with the AC_TRY_RUN disabled and the
SIZET_FMT
defined to an arbitrary value (possibly resulting in a lot of warnings at
compile time,
and still suffering from the build host != target host).