Re: [Gnash-dev] BBC open source Flash components (SMX) fail w/Gnash

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] BBC open source Flash components (SMX) fail w/Gnash
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:04:56 +0100

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 07:08:06PM -0800, John Gilmore wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/videoguide/winterolympics/html/default.stm

This url is using some javascript magic to set a 'base' attribute for
the object tag. This attribute evaluates to a path starting with a slash:

'/sol/shared/spl/hi/videoguide/winterolympics/v_00010/swf'

For gnash, that will represent the "base" url, as if we loaded the SWF
from there. All relative urls will be resolved accordingly to that value,
which means the load will never succeed as will be attempted from filesystem
(which is forbidden btw, but this isn't the issue).

Now I can't remember which movie showed we needed to do taht, maybe Benjamin
does:

2007-12-16 Benjamin Wolsey <address@hidden>

        * gui/Player.cpp: allow setting base URL with -P (to support
          <embed base="myurl"> tag; move parsing of flashvars and query
          string before the base URL gets set.