Re: [Gnash-dev] ./configure: line 7011: test: too many arguments

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ./configure: line 7011: test: too many arguments
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:55:24 -0400

Jeremy C. Reed writes:
 > The line:
 >
 >       if test x$LTLIBINTL != x; then
 >
 > is invalid for me.

This is a crappy error report, because you don't tell us what
operating system, nor what version of that operating system, you are
trying to compile gnash on.  I have a machine with terabytes of hard
disk specifically dedicated for installing alternative operating
systems with which to build gnash, but unless you TELL US what
operating system we didn't test it on, nobody here can help you.

 > My LTLIBINTL is  -L/usr/lib -lintl (notice the space).

It's been fixed (from CVS HEAD):

  if test x"$LTLIBINTL" != x; then
    INTLLIBS="$LIBINTL $LTLIBINTL"
  else
    INTLLIBS="$LIBINTL"
  fi

I don't understand why we're even doing this test.  Why don't we just
do this:

  INTLLIBS="$LIBINTL $LTLIBINTL"

The only harm done if LTLIBINTL is not defined or empty is that
INTLLIBS has an extra space.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software