Re: [Gnash-dev] ./configure: line 7011: test: too many arguments

From: Jeremy C. Reed
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ./configure: line 7011: test: too many arguments
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:19:31 -0500 (CDT)

>  > The line:
>  >
>  >       if test x$LTLIBINTL != x; then
>  >
>  > is invalid for me.
>
> This is a crappy error report, because you don't tell us what
> operating system, nor what version of that operating system, you are
> trying to compile gnash on.

The operating system is irrelevant. It is not correct syntax. (If anyone
knows of any sh builtin test or standalone test(1) that allows a space in
the first string of the expression without being quoted, please let me
know. Normally (always?) you would get "too many arguments" or "unexpected
operator" or other error.)

I also agree that the test is probably not needed.

I don't know this code. I just happened to be building the release when I
noticed it. So I reported it.

Feel free to complain about error reports, but note that zero feedback is
probably worse.