Re: [Gnash-dev] drawVideoFrame

From: Craig Kelley
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] drawVideoFrame
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:11:37 -0600

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Shachar Kaufman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Be that as it may, forcing all videos to go though this sync is a
> performance killer. Whenever possible video playback should not be
> controlled this way. A lot of high quality video embedded in flash out there
> is only controlled on a clip basis. Regardless my suggested scheme handles
> this case equally well and would lend itself for acceleration. I wish I had
> the time to try it out.

Flash development tools allow the content creator to arbitrarily
create keyframes.  They support making every frame a keyframe.  They
also imply that actions on non-video layers will happen at a given
frame number for a video.  It's tightly linked to everything else on
the stage.

What sort of acceleration are you looking for?  MPEG hardware decoders?

--
http://inconnu.islug.org/~ink finger address@hidden for PGP block