[Gnash-dev] question: memory usage/allocation profiling of Gnash

From: Hong Yu
Subject: [Gnash-dev] question: memory usage/allocation profiling of Gnash
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:57:32 +0800

Hello,

We wish to profile Gnash's memory usage/allocation and we have tried the tool 'valgrind --tool=massif --depth=5 <gnash-binary> ...'. The resulted massif.ps and massif.txt reports do give us helpful indications. However, we wish for more detailed and more consistent reports which might to the best straightforwardly point out Gnash components' memory usage/allocation distribution. Anyone would like to suggest how to better utilize the valgrind tool, or, some linux memory profiling tool better than valgrind? Thanks!

Best regards,

Hong Yu