Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Development for Win32

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Development for Win32
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:40:20 +0100

Am Montag, den 10.11.2008, 12:57 +0800 schrieb zou lunkai:
> MSVC8 should compile most of the souce code(there are people used it for
> debugging before), so there's no big problem. But you should still have many
> things to do. MSVC8 and the linux environment have quite different opinions
> about what the "standard" functions are. There are C/C++ standard and
> posix-standard. Many posix-standard functions/headfiles do not exists under
> MSVC8.

The system functions we use are mainly select(), write(), read() and
some networking and byte order stuff, and as far as I know they all
exist under Windows. We already handle sleep() compatibly for POSIX and
Windows.

Of course the header files for these functions are different, but there
are already alternative includes in some files. I seem to remember we
aren't careful enough about distinguishing between mingw and native
Windows, so sometimes (for instance) unistd.h is included without an
ifdef.

Depending on how much this is the case and which alternative headers are
required, it might be worth delegating all such cases to a simple Gnash
header file with something like:

#ifdef WIN32
# include <windows.h>
#else
# include <unistd.h>
#endif

instead of doing it in individual files.

bwy

--
The current release of Gnash is 0.8.4
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/