[Gnash-dev] Re: Development for Win32

From: Tonko Juricic
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Development for Win32
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 00:04:43 -0500

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 11:57 PM, zou lunkai <address@hidden> wrote:
I'd suggest make a new solution/project file for current Gnash souce code,
the old project file should be completely useless now.  The source files(file
names and directories) have been changed a lot. But you need to know
which are the files you need to build. There are multiple GUIs and renderer
backends, and some other tools. You probably don't want to build all of them.

I agree and I am starting with a new solution and adding library projects.

As for the GUI, after a brief consideration I am inclined to use no GUI from the given set but to try use Win32 native GUI.

Namely, I would tend to start with GTK, because of some basic familiarity with it. However, when running MingW port gtk-gnash.exe on my XP it displays grafity.swf just fine but crashes somewhere in libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll as soon as I click on any menu item.
So sticking to native GUI may be easier to maintain and debug. Or could this approach be flawed for some reason?