Re: [Gnash-dev] Development for Win32

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Development for Win32
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:12:19 +0100

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 12:58:03PM -0500, Tonko Juricic wrote:
> Ok, good to have something to start looking at. How are blending modes &
> bitmap filtering used in Flash? Does it have a compositing stage in its
> rendering pipeline where all blending modes are observed?

I haven't made any serious research about that, could be a start.

Ming supports specifying blending modes, so you may want to
start producing some testcases to put in the misc-ming.all testing
framework. That framework allows using a testing gui to do things
like pixel color checking, which will help to automate testing for
an eventual implementation. What we usually do is focus on the
production of testcases in a way that allows a human being to tell
wheter the flash player is working or not (giving instructions in
a textfield usually).
See http://wiki.gnashdev.org/TestingFramework (not really deep on info).
Or check something like testsuite/misc-ming.all/eventSoundTest1.swf
for an example (eventSoundTest1.c contains the source code).