Re: [Gnash-dev] Video.width, Video.height

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Video.width, Video.height
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:11:45 +0100

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 09:02:45AM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> The structure that holds information about the video is a VideoInfo.
> This is set at parsing time, and because we don't know any better, for
> FLV both width and height are 0. They are never updated.

Do we set to 0 on purpose or is the info really not available ?

> The two obvious options for fixing this both mean a small change to the
> VideoDecoder interface. Either add width() and height() functions that
> are initialized from the VideoInfo and updated as soon as possible, or
> fill in the VideoInfo values in the VideoDecoder once known. We pass
> VideoInfo by const reference to the VideoDecoders, so that would have to
> change.
>
> I think the former sounds better, rather than modifying the VideoInfo.

Yes, I'd prefer the former.
Note that it *might* be possible for video frame sizes to change
during a stream. I'm sure bastiaan would tell if not me :)
It'd be not the only reason to add some sort of event-based
callbacks from decoder to users.