Re: [Gnash-dev] Video.width, Video.height

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Video.width, Video.height
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:23:14 +0100

> Do we set to 0 on purpose or is the info really not available ?

It really isn't available. Also, the actual initialization time of
Video.height (or Video.videoHeight in AS3), seems to be unpredictable in
the Adobe player, so SWFs often end up polling the value. The youtube
player does this a lot in Gnash, and I wonder if it's because it's
waiting for a value other than 0 or undefined. It would be easy enough
to find out with listswf_d, of course.

> Yes, I'd prefer the former.
> Note that it *might* be possible for video frame sizes to change
> during a stream. I'm sure bastiaan would tell if not me :)
> It'd be not the only reason to add some sort of event-based
> callbacks from decoder to users.

It is certainly possible with most formats (mpeg4, for instance, as it's
used in digital television). I don't know about FLV. I don't think this
case really requires a callback, as it's a simple query from the AS
Video class to the VideoDecoder when that information is required.

bwy

--
Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/