Re: [Gnash-dev] Diff for libbase under MSVC++ WIn32

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Diff for libbase under MSVC++ WIn32
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:22:23 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 20.11.2008, 15:50 -0500 schrieb Tonko Juricic:
> I can try run autoconf (with obligatory M4) from
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html
> and then try adapt it for MSVC.

I don't think Dossy was suggesting running autoconf (he will correct me
if I'm wrong), but rather adding a static file just for msvc that is
simply copied to gnashconfig.h before compiling. Or it can be generated
in any windows-friendly way you like. It should just end up containing
the necessary #defines.

> Also I was trying to address <unistd.h> and <sys/time> issue (and
> there will be few more, probably).

These headers shouldn't be in gnashconfig.h, or they will be included
all over the place. I think the cleanest way of implementing would be to
have header files containing includes. Instead of

#include "gnashconfig.h"
#ifndef WIN32
# include <something.h>
#else
# include <somethingelse.h>
#endif

in each file, we could have

#include "GnashIOHeaders.h" // the name is just an example

This file would then contain the first bit of code. This is why it would
be useful to have a reference for system headers: for deciding which
include files to use.

If anyone has a better idea for doing this, please respond, as it still
doesn't seem really clean.

Finally: there's no problem with adding a gnashconfig.h include to any
file, so just do it if it's needed.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!